During the Christmas period Flickr enable an ‘Easter Egg’ on the site, allowing people to add Father Christmas hats and beards to photos by way of leaving a note on a photo with the text “Ho ho ho hat” for a hat, or “Ho ho ho beard” for a beard. The notes are resizable which lets you resize the image to fit the person in the picture. After the christmas period is over they switch this feature off.
I wrote a greasemonkey for firefox script that lets you re-enable the hats and beards adding/viewing functionality. Of course, the only people who will see the hats and beards will be the people with this script installed, except at Christmas, when and if Flickr re-enable the functionality across the site.
1) you need to be running firefox http://mozilla.org/firefox
2) you need to have the greasemonkey addon installed
3) install the script: flickr.ho.ho.ho.hats+beards.user.js
This script and all my other greasemonkey scripts for flickr are available here: http://steeev.freehostia.com/flickr/
- New Greasemonkey script – Export your Picasaweb photos to Flickr
- Minor updates to FlickrPM + Flickr Warn and Delete Greasemonkey Scripts
- Facebook style user tagging for Flickr
- Updated greasemonkey scripts- flickr multi group sender and flickr inline post editor
- Updated Greasemonkey Script – Flickr Groups Organiser